[Histonet] Flame substitute for embedding

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Wed Dec 3 09:43:46 CST 2008

We use forceps warmers, find them in any Histology catalog (like Fisher Scientific or Scientific Products/Allegiance).

Janet L. Bonner, HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Laboratory

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Celebre Julia
Sent: Wed 12/3/2008 10:38 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Flame substitute for embedding

Hello Histoland!!

We have just been told  we are no longer allowed to use alcohol burners while embedding and we are to find a safer substitute, something to do with no liking an open flame in the lab.  Other than incinerators or 6 pairs of forceps at each centre, we've run out of ideas so we are asking all you experts out there what your current practice is.. oh.. this change needs to be done by this Friday!!

Julia Celebre MLT
Anatomic Pathology
Hamilton General Hospital
905-527-0271  ext 46179
email: celebrej <@t> hhsc.ca

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person
named above and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or
disclosed. Therefore, this information should be considered
strictly confidential. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender immediately via a return email for further
direction. Thank you for your assistance.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.