[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 61, Issue 2 H&E CONTROL TISSUE

Kay, Karen KKay <@t> chr.ab.ca
Tue Dec 2 12:12:07 CST 2008

Hello Tanisha,
We feel that no one tissue is suitable on its own, therefore we create a
multi-tissue control block for our H&E stains. The tissues included are
liver, skin, appendix, and placenta. This enables us to assess the stain
from a number of different perspectives according to the tissue types
included. We use small portions of each type, embedded into a
rectangular shaped mold.
Hope this helps you
Karen J Kay, MLT
Pathology Supervisor