[Histonet] Thick Sections of Cornea

histoinfo <@t> comcast.net histoinfo <@t> comcast.net
Thu Aug 28 12:16:27 CDT 2008

Good Morning Netters,
A friend asked me if I had any experience with cutting and staining thick sections (30+ microns) of cornea for special stains for nerve?? My first question was how would you get sections that thick to stay on the slide? Second question is what would be the best stain for something like this and , would any of the staining times need to be lengthened due to the thickness of the sections? More questions I haven't thought of? Does anyone know how to do this? Would they be willing to share their procedure?
Any help, however small would be a gret help.
Many thanks,
Jennier Saunders HT (ASCP)