[Histonet] bone marrow decalcification

Weems, Joyce JWeems <@t> sjha.org
Fri Aug 22 15:53:59 CDT 2008

B-Plus fixative from BBC Biochemical works well for us.

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-851-7376 - Phone
404-851-7831 - Fax

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ryan,
John P.
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 4:41 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] bone marrow decalcification

What method do you utilize for the decalcification of bone marrow
specimens that does not impair immunohistochemical staining? We have
noted that our immunos (not surprisingly) stain less intensely on
decalcified bone marrow than on non-decalcified tissue and would like to
minimize this effect.

John Ryan
St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital
832-355-2643
jryan <@t> sleh.com

+++++CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE+++++
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged.   If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review,  dissemination or copying of this e-mail and
its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
from your computer system. Thank you.
Confidentiality Notice:
This email, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete this message.