[Histonet] coverslippers

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Mon Aug 18 09:46:18 CDT 2008

Florida Tech begs to differ!  We had a horrible time with the slides where we used tape coverslipping.  About five years after they were made the tissue lifted with the tape.  We are now using the glass coverslippers.

Janet L. Bonner, HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Laboratory
Florida Hospital Winter Park
janet.bonner <@t> FLHOSP.org <mailto:janet.bonner <@t> FLHOSP.org>
407-646-7559

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Histowa13 <@t> aol.com
Sent: Sun 8/17/2008 12:32 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] coverslippers

   If you live in an area where the humidity is high, tape is OK.  If your
climate tends to be drier, I would go with a glass coverslipper.  Our experience
has been that the tape pulls away from the slide taking the tissue with it.
At that point it is almost impossible to save your slide.

Debbie Nannenga, HTL, QIHC
InCyte Pathology
Spokane Valley, WA<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits
in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.<BR>
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007 )</HTML>

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.