[Histonet] cryostat block holders

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 06:53:34 CDT 2008

Hi Kim,

We call those holders "chucks" or tissue stage. To my knowledge there are no plastic
or disposable chucks used in cryostats. Each cryostat has their own design that fit
 their particular chuck holder. I do offer very high quality stainless steel chucks  which
 fit most Leica and Microm cryostats.  If you have been away from cryotomy for a
while, my web site contains a tutorial on frozen section technique which you may
 find helpful. I also offer an embedding system for frozen section which will allow you
 to precisely embed tissues for clinical and research methods.
http://pathologyinnovations.com/index.html

Let me know if  can help you in any way.

Sincerely,

Stephen

Stephen Peters M.D.
Vice Chairman of Pathology