[Histonet] PSLIM

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Tue Aug 5 11:48:56 CDT 2008

Yes, please.  Any feedback would be great.

I"ve done some preliminary research for use in our software product.

Currently, we use:

Zebra 3844

1.  ~500 cost
2.  uses labels and therefore there is a reoccurring cost.
3.  labels must be manually applied

PSLIM product

1.  ~5000 cost
2.  no labels, but uses frosted slides, I believe -- there's a reoccurring
cost there.
3.  no labels to apply.

They both use thermal ribbons, print 2 D barcodes, and print 'fast'.

The pslim product has an interesting feature that some labs will find
critical.  You can have it determine what to put on slide.  The zebra
product only prints what your LIS vendor tells it to print.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 270.423.0968