[Histonet] surveillance cameras in the lab

Bartlett, Jeanine (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Mon Aug 4 09:17:38 CDT 2008

I am not against the idea of the cameras...but I would definitely have an issue with no one being notified that they were going to be installed and why.

Jeanine Bartlett
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
(404) 639-3590
jeanine.bartlett <@t> cdc.hhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Paula Pierce
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 10:02 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] surveillance cameras in the lab

I thought about blacking out the lenses too.
The worst part of this whole situation is that the cameras suddenly appeared. The tech just happened to notice them. It is totally unacceptable to me that an institution would not inform the employees they were going to install cameras. This may be CYA for the powers that be.
RUN!

 Paula Pierce, HTL(ASCP)HT

Excalibur Pathology, Inc.
631 N. Broadway Ave.