[Histonet] Dictation systems

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Sun Aug 3 07:53:31 CDT 2008

Can you explain what you mean when you say the 'headsets are voice
activated'?

Also, have you ever used Dragon before?  There's a difference between 'go to
sleep' and 'microphone off'.

Where did you get the foot pedal from and how does it work, if you don't
mind my asking?

I'd be curious what other people's experience with Dragon is, if you can
spare the time.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 270.423.0968

-----Original Message-----
From: Weems, Joyce [mailto:JWeems <@t> sjha.org]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 8:42 AM
To: Michael Mihalik; ht.ascp <@t> yahoo.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Dictation systems

We are in the process of purchasing Dragon as we speak. The headsets are
voice activated so I am counting on that working in the gross room, although
I have included a foot pedal in the purchase request which will activate the
head set. I will know more next week when it is installed. Let me know if
you would like follow up and I'll keep you posted.

I can't imagine yet how they will gross and edit at the same time...

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital
5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE