[Histonet] Her2 fixation tracking

hymclab hymclab <@t> hyhc.com
Wed Apr 30 10:45:34 CDT 2008

We just started putting the total time in formalin (including time on the
tissue processor) in the last line of the gross description.  We have
radiology, OR techs, etc... Putting the time the specimen goes into formalin
right on the requisition. We do not put a specimen on the processor if it
comes after 3:00 pm as it will not meet the 6 hour threshold.
Hope this helps,
Dawn D. Schneider, HT(ASCP)
Howard Young Medical Center
Woodruff, WI  54568
(715)356-8174
schneiderd <@t> hyhc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: fieldsfamily15 <@t> bellsouth.net [mailto:fieldsfamily15 <@t> bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:24 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Her2 fixation tracking

Hi Histo techs,
Could you please let me know how you are handling tracking the time your
specimens for Her 2 go into formalin?  I need to know if you have the
doctors put the time the tissue goes into formalin on the container or it is
on a log or what...  I am trying to see what solutions are working for you.
I need to make sure the time in fixation plus the time on the processors is
within the CAP recommended range.  We are sending the Her2's out for the
immunos but we have to document the total fixation time.
Hope this makes sense...and thank you for any help.
Carole Fields
Northside Hospital
Atlanta, GA