[Histonet] Fwd: [Dermpath-l] query re microwave tissue processors

Sate Hamza dermpathsy <@t> gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:06:26 CDT 2008

Dear colleagues,
This message was posted by a dermatopathologist on a dermatopathology
mailing list. I wonder if anyone here would have any comments..

Thank you ..

Best regards,

Sate

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 8:46 AM
Subject: [Dermpath-l] query re microwave tissue processors
To: dermpath-l <@t> lists.umanitoba.ca

 I am considering the purchase of a microwave tissue processor for skin
punch, shave, and smaller skin biopsies with an onsite demo scheduled in a
week or two.  Do any of you have experience with the quality of these
devices in terms of H&E, routine special stains, and immunohistochemical
stains in the field of dermatopathology?  I am looking at the Shandon
TissueWave 2.

--
Sate Hamza, MD, FRCPC
Dermatopathologist