[Histonet] Her2 fixation tracking

fieldsfamily15 <@t> bellsouth.net fieldsfamily15 <@t> bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 29 22:24:25 CDT 2008

Hi Histo techs,
Could you please let me know how you are handling tracking the time your specimens for Her 2 go into formalin?  I need to know if you have the doctors put the time the tissue goes into formalin on the container or it is on a log or what...  I am trying to see what solutions are working for you.  I need to make sure the time in fixation plus the time on the processors is within the CAP recommended range.  We are sending the Her2's out for the immunos but we have to document the total fixation time.
Hope this makes sense...and thank you for any help.
Carole Fields
Northside Hospital
Atlanta, GA