[Histonet] Drying slides in MW

Cheryl Crowder ccrowder <@t> vetmed.lsu.edu
Fri Apr 25 07:20:26 CDT 2008

I am not familiar with the EMS MW, but normally drying if your stained
slides are on a cardboard slide tray (holding 20), they can be put in the
MW, heated on full power for 1 minute, removed and cooled for 5 minutes.
The slides are not ready to be filed, but the coverglass will not move
around.  The only down slide to this method is the slide tray itself.  Being
layers of cardboard, when placed warm on a counter the top cools faster than
the underside.  This can cause the tray to warp.  We place our trays on
coplin jars to cool them so the top and bottom cool at the same rate and no
bowing occurs.
Cheryl

Cheryl Crowder, BA, HTL(ASCP)
Chief Technologist