[Histonet] Envision G2 on Frozen Tissues

Mark Elliott MElliott <@t> mrl.ubc.ca
Fri Apr 18 12:15:10 CDT 2008

I am looking for some information on a problem we are having.

Has anyone used the Envision G2 system from DAKO on frozen tissues? We are trying to work it up on frozens and are getting discrete positive looking cells with our IgG control.  We been working with DAKO on resolving this and have tried everything we can think of to eliminate this staining but with no luck.  We are working with mouse primaries on human tissue.  The staining occurs on tonsil, tumor and lung tissue-haven't tried other tissues as we work only with these.  We have diluted our IgG out to extremely low concentrations and still get extremely bright staining.  When working with the APAAP System on frozens we get no background staining with the IgG.  When we do it on FFPE tissue's there is no staining on our controls-they are clean.

We are working with the Alk Phos version of the kit since we are working with lung tissue we try ans avoid using Peroxidase.

Any suggestions/explanations greatly appreciated?  DAKO is at a loss as well as to what is happening.

Thanks
Mark

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.