[Histonet] Choosing an antibody

Till, Renee TillRenee <@t> uams.edu
Mon Apr 14 12:55:04 CDT 2008

I am searching for an F4/80 antibody to used on FFPE rat livers. I have found
two possibilities (though if anyone happens to have an antibody suggestion
please let me know) and I am wondering which would be better, or if it makes
much difference. They are both from the same company but the sources differ.
One is a rabbit polyclonal raised against amino acids w/in and extracellular
domain, and the other is raised against a peptide mapping at the C-terminus.
I have encountered this before and always wondered what is the difference and
if one is better. Thanks.

Renee' Till, HT (ASCP)

Research Assistant

Arkansas Children's Nutrition Center

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.