[Histonet] Alcian Blue-Metanil Yellow

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Mon Apr 7 16:06:24 CDT 2008

   I  haven't  used  the  combination  but have used both these dyes in
   other     outlined   belo   yellow  don't  keep v   brown  over  a  couple of wee   new  solution.  Could  deteriorat   your  difficulty?  <BR>&nbsp;<   blue  can,  with  time, change into an insolu   can  happen&nbsp;to to the stored powder, which   to  dissolve. The change occurs&nbsp;quite quickly   at  about pH 5 that are used in conjunction with a magnesiu   The  more  acidic alcian blue solutions (pH 1 or 2.5) commonly   for  staining  are  usually stable for several months.<BR>&nb   sp;<BR>Alcian  blue  8G  is  available  as a certified dye, so
   don'   adequately   tested by the    Commission.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>John               Kiernan<B   R>Anatomy,  UWO<BR>London,  Canada&nbsp;<BR>=  =
   =<   &lt;dm   April  3,  200   Blue-Metanil Yellow<   histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<BR><BR>&gt;   anyone   using  this  stain.&nbsp;  We  were  doing  this  stain
   <BR>   biopsies.&nbsp;   <BR>&gt;      programmed      on<B   autostainer.<BR>&gt;  &nbsp;<BR>&gt;   worked  great  but  recently  we  have  been experiencing problems<   BR>&gt;  with  uneven,  inconsistent staining.&nbsp; Has
   anyo   stain?   ___________   _______________________   5F   mailing li   Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu<BR>&gt;   http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/listinfo/histonet