[Histonet] Goat Collagen I and II HELP

Pamela Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 2 10:02:30 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I was hoping some one on our lists has successfully gotten collagen
staining on goat bone.  I have tried five different companies for
antibodies and none are working on either EDTA decalcified goat bone
or MMA embedded and de- plasticized goat bone.  These are goat knees
with the cartilage still attached and some collagen in a defect. have
also tried three different secondary kits with no luck.  One was an
Alkaline Phosphatase Kit and two DAB kits with universal
secondaries.  Please help if you can or tell me it can't be done so I
can get some rest.

Best Regards,

Pamela A Marcum
Manager, Histology Special Procedures