[Histonet] hydrogen peroxide quenching- shelf life

Bonnie Whitaker bwhitaker <@t> brownpathology.com
Fri Sep 28 09:35:01 CDT 2007

That is true, but in my experience, after opening the bottle it tends to
degrade at a rate that makes the expiration date useless.  (That is unless
you are using it up at a really fast rate.)  You could check it periodically
with a really bloody specimen that goes in the H2O2 block,  per your
protocol, and then add DAB per your protocol.  If it turns brown, it's time
for a new bottle.

Bonnie Whitaker

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 7:43 AM
To: arvind; Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] hydrogen peroxide quenching- shelf life

Each bottle of H2O2, either 30% or 3% has an expiration date to comply with.
  René J.

arvind <pundir.arvind <@t> gmail.com> wrote:
  is there any shelf life for H2O2 so that it can be conformed before
quenching unless its too late how can we know the purity of it

*Arvind Singh Pundir*
National Brain Research Centre
Manesar, Gurgaon- Haryana- INDIA