[Histonet] Automated microtomes

MICHELLE MCNEESE MICHELLE.MCNEESE <@t> childrens.com
Wed Sep 19 11:26:25 CDT 2007

Recently, we have discovered that our techs are having foot problems (such as tendinitis and muscle strain) that we believe to be associated with using the foot pedals on the automated microtomes (as well as the foot pedal on the embedding center).
1.  Have any other facilities that use these types of instruments had problems or noticed a shift from hand/wrist problems to foot/ankle problems?
2.  If so, what are your facilities doing to help alleviate these issues?

Thank you in advance for helping guide us through some uncharted territory.

Michelle L McNeese, HT (ASCP)
Lead Tech, Histology
Department of Pathology
Childrens Medical Center