[Histonet] workstation ergonomics

Cheryl R. Kerry tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 08:51:30 CDT 2007

This isn't exactly what you're seeking but it helped me a LOT when working
with ergonomic issues in my labs:

Most every state has training available through Dept of Labor and Industry.
I took an ergonomics certification course a LONG time ago--it was awesome.
The available training is part of the benefits for the fees you pay as an
employer and very applicable to what you're trying to accomplish.  See if
you're allowed to go or if someone in your facility has been--

Cheryl

Cheryl R. Kerry, HT(ASCP)
Full Staff Inc.
281.852.9457 office
281.883.7704 cell
800.756.3309 fax and alternate phone

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
karenadams <@t> comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:35 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] workstation ergonomics

We are  remodeling our existing lab and I would like input into the pros and
cons of workstation design, specifically the semi circular cutout vs and
L-shaped design in addition to dimensions necessary to accommodate
workstation supplies.....any and all input into things that you hate and
things you love would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

--
Karen Adams
Pathology Laboratories West