[Histonet] Background on FFPE mouse tissue

Gale, Nadia Ngale <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Mon Sep 17 10:47:33 CDT 2007

Hello Histonetters,

I am relatively new to the mouse world of IHC having come from a
clinical background into research and have what might be a simple
problem... I am experiencing heavy background with the majority of mouse
tissues I am staining.  I am using the Ventana Discovery system with
their universal DAB kit and "titrate" 100uL of antibody diluent onto my
negative control slides.  I've tried a biotin blocking kit as well (even
though it doesn't look like biotin, thought I'd give it a try) and
observed no decrease in the amount of background staining.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance!
Nadia

Nadia Gale
Lead Histotechnologist
Centre for Translational and Applied Genomics (CTAG)
3427-600 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6
tel 604-877-6000 ext 2426
fax 604-877-6089