[Histonet] Cutting rat brains

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Sep 14 10:09:07 CDT 2007

You can purchase a brain matrix device, from many places. Try Charles
Scouten's website, Google  his website with keey word myneurolab.  These
devices allow you to section rat brains by placing the brain in a form, and
then making precise slices, then you can proceed with how you want to
orient, etc.

You need to make sure the brains are kept flat during snap freezing after
the slices are made.  There is a way to do this using a liquid
nitrogen/petri dish setup.  If you wish I will send the mini powerpoint on
how to do this.