[Histonet] Job opening for histology assistant/associate

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Thu Sep 13 00:17:12 CDT 2007

 Information about our company can be found on this website:
www.siriontherapeutics.com

Sirion Therapeutics
Research Assistant/Associate
Location: San Diego, California-San Diego 92121
Position type: Full time
Required education: Bachelor's Degree
Area(s) of expertise desired: Histology, Cell Biology, Cell Culture,
Laboratory

Description
Sirion Therapeutics is an ophthalmic-focused company dedicated to the
development and commercialization of innovative eye products to address
unmet clinician and patient needs. Sirion Therapeutics was founded with a
mission to protect and preserve our most precious gift: the gift of sight.
Our dedicated team of employees pursues this mission with a passion and
commitment to assist those suffering with eye diseases and the healthcare
professionals who treat them.

The successful candidate will work as a member of a project team reporting
to a senior staff member. The candidate should be familiar with
histological techniques including tissue collection, processing,
sectioning and staining/developing procedures (e.g.,
immunohistochemistry). Experience with bright-field and fluorescence
microscopy is also desired. The candidate will be expected to collect,
organize and analyze data. Preference will be given to candidates who also
possess some level of expertise in establishing and maintaining mammalian
cell culture. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing
reagents and chemical solutions, performing specialized laboratory
procedures as required and maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies.

Requirements .
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent verbal and
written communication skills. The successful candidate will be detail
oriented, organized and must be able to work independently as well as in a
team environment.

EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:

A B.S. degree in Biology or a related field with a minimum of 1-3 years of
laboratory experience in either academia or industry is desired.

Silvia N. M. Reid, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
SIRiON Therapeutics - www.siriontherapeutics.com
P: 858.875.9258