[Histonet] QC labeling

Marcia Funk FUNKM <@t> mercyhealth.com
Wed Sep 12 10:29:57 CDT 2007

Histo Friends,

I have a few questions I would like to see how labs are following through with labeling errors?

Case number placed on slide during sectioning. Slide is then mislabeled handed off to pathologist.
Pathologist discovers the error.  Slide is labeled incorrectly.

Wrong label placed on slide during labeling.  Pathologist discovers mislabeld slide

Errors  are place on QC log at the end of day.  These are errors that are caught in the department
by the tech or pathologist.  Do most labs keep a log with errors by tech and how many  errors
impact there eval ?

I would appreciate your imput.
Mrf