[Histonet] Lymph node fixative/enhance solutions

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 11 11:49:00 CDT 2007

Cindi,
Polyscientific has Carnoy's fluid but you really need to use it under the
hood. Their number is 1-800-645-5825. They my an alternative.

JTT

---- Original Message -----
From: "Cindy Robinson" <robinsoc <@t> mercyhealth.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 11:23 AM
Subject: [Histonet] Lymph node fixative/enhance solutions

Our pathologists would like us to start using a solution to help with the
dissection and ID of lymph nodes at gross.  I have done some searching thru
the archives and found some recipes but would like to find a commercial
source.  We do use Pen-Fix but it doesn't dissolve the fat like the paths
would like.  Has anyone got a source or recipe for a fat dissolving solution
that they would like to share?

Thanks.

Cindi Robinson, HT (ASCP)
Dunes Medical Laboratories