[Histonet] Gloves for Microtomy

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Mon Sep 10 18:14:02 CDT 2007

Sorry, my spelling is atrocious and what about the double negatives!

Regards

Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
The Children's Hospital at Westmead,
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, 2145, AUSTRALIA.
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Tony
Henwood
Sent: Tuesday, 11 September 2007 8:58 AM
To: Walzer Susan; Bill; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Gloves for Microtomy

It is not impossible to change film with gloves on.
In our Electron Microscopy Unit we have to load 5x4 film (single sheets)
in the dark wearing cotton gloves (stops greese from contaminating the
column - one hopes!). It takes practice. I only wear gloves when I have
to cut thick paraffin sections for RNA and DNA extractions, which we
seem to be on the  increase.