[Histonet] Re: cleaved caspase(active)

Cheryl Cross ccross6032 <@t> aol.com
Mon Sep 10 16:06:15 CDT 2007

Hi Carl -

Not sure I can be of any help...but one thing I've found (and one
reason I trust Cell Signaling's ab) is that I use thymus as my
positive control and I get nice staining in the thymic (and lymph
node) medulla in cells that often have a shrunken, dense nucleus (ie
look microscopically apoptotic). When I tried another antibody
positive staining was "willy nilly" if you will - endothelial cells,
scattered circulating leukocytes, and then many many lymphocytes
within the thymic cortex and medulla - i just did not trust that all
those cells were apoptotic in a healthy control!

CC

Cheryl Cross, DVM, Dipl. ACVP
Researcher
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Tennessee Department of Pathology
2407 River Drive, Room A201
Knoxville, TN 37996-4542
(423) 967-2724
fax: 865-974-5616