[Histonet] RE:The great apoptosis stains debate (TUNEL, Caspases, etc)

Melissa Gonzalez Melissa.Gonzalez <@t> cellgenesys.com
Wed Sep 5 13:30:38 CDT 2007

Hi all,
I have been around this mess a few years back, I gave up on TUNEL long ago for the various reasons mentioned on the list recently.

Per investigators requests, I have tried several ways to demonstrate cell death, however methods such as PI or Annexin staining are more suitable for whole cells, not tissue sections. I have also not had any luck staining for Cytochrome C.

We routinely use R&D Systems rabbit anti human/mouse active Caspase3 using a high pH (EDTA) based Ag retrieval in a steamer (enzymes do not work). Works like a charm.

Any other suggestions? I know this topic has been thrown around a lot, but these discussions after all, help us get our jobs done more proficiently.

Melissa

Melissa A. González Edick
R&D, Cell Genesys Inc.
500 Forbes Blvd
South San Francisco, CA 94080
p(650) 266-3168
f (650) 266-3080

"It's not enough to believe what you see, you must also understand what you see." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Message: 6