[Histonet] Need cassetes for Shurmark cassette labeller

Greg Dobbin gvdobbin <@t> ihis.org
Tue Sep 4 14:48:01 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,
We will soon be bringing a Shurmark Cassette Labeller online in our
lab, and in preparation I have already started by purchasing appropriate
cassettes (ie 45 degree angle face), the Histosette II from Fisher.
These are not the more expensive ones that I know we "should" be using
(ie the TBS cassettes), but they work fine with the labeller.

The problem we are having is with a) the little box in side the
cassette itself where the lid snaps shut, it interferes with the biopsy
pads b) in taking the hinged lid off at embedding, the tissues sometimes
fling out and c) they seem to be not as rigid as the Omnicette cassettes
we used previously and so are compresssing in the chuck at cutting
time.

Can anyone suggest an alternative for a Shurmark labeller-compatible
cassette that is not as expensive as the TBS ones?  I have already
switched to using the TBS slides for the slide inscriber with a
significant shock to the "bean counters" of the organization. Just
trying to avoid further shock if I can at all!

Thanks in advance.
Greg

Greg Dobbin, R.T.
Chief Technologist, Histology Lab
Dept. of Laboratory Medicine,
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
P.O. Box 6600
Charlottetown, PE    C1A 8T5
Phone: (902) 894-2337
Fax: (902) 894-2385

Statement of Confidentiality
This message (including attachments) may contain confidential or privileged information intended for a specific individual or organization.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email, and should promptly delete this email from your entire computer system.

D?claration de confidentialit?
Le pr?sent message (y compris les annexes) peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels ayant pour objet une personne ou un organisme particulier. Si vous avez re?u la pr?sente communication par erreur, veuillez en informer l'exp?diteur imm?diatement. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu, vous n'avez pas le droit d'utiliser, divulguer, distribuer, copier ou imprimer ce courriel ou encore de vous en servir, et vous devriez l'effacer compl?tement de votre syst?me informatique.