[Histonet] Periodic Acid Formalin Fixation

Denise Piontek dbpiontek <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:46:06 CDT 2007

One last check for info after Labor Day:). Thanks for any advice per the question below: Dear Histonetters:
 I am performing Periodic Acid Formalin fixation on liver and noticing sinusoid shrinkage, as well as some edge effect? This is in comparison to a matched tissue control in 10% NBF. My recipe requires fixation at 4C for 48 hours via 1 gram of periodic acid in 100 mls 10% NBF. Anyone else using this fixation method? Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated,
Denise Bland-Piontek, HTL(ASCP)CTBS(AATB)> NIBRI