[Histonet] specimens from surgery

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 10:28:14 CDT 2007

We only provided the surgery suites with plastic containers with NBF for small specimens. Large speciemens were delivered fresh, they called us and we pick them up.
  No problems at all.
  René J.

"Martin, Gary" <gmartin <@t> marshallmedical.org> wrote:
  The surgery department we work with is stating that the bags
(manufacturer Bitran) are leaking in the surgery suites and that the
staff cannot deal with the leaks and the smell. They would like to
deliver all specimens fresh.

My question is; how are those of you that receive specimens in a
hospital from surgery receiving them.

Thank you

Gary

California