[Histonet] background staining after DAB

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:24:10 CDT 2007

Diana,
     Did you happen to use a tissue adhesive in your waterbath? The sticky
adhesives often hold on to the IHC reagents and show up as a film around the
sections.

Good luck troubleshooting,
Amos Brooks

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:02:50 -0400
From: "Diana McCaig" <dmccaig <@t> ckha.on.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] background staining after DAB
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi
We are using the Biocare IHC protocol and using Fisher superfrost plus
slides (due to decloaking).  When doing the double stain, there is a lot
of background stain from the DAB.  We do wash well so that is not the
problem.  I am wondering if is the charge on the slides.  I have checked
the pH of all the solutions and they are okay.  Any ideas.  The stain is
readable, but does not look too nice.
thanks
Diana