[Histonet] curious about soaking paraffin blocks.

Kaliko, Bonnie bonnie.kaliko <@t> roche.com
Fri Oct 26 09:19:39 CDT 2007

I would love to find out the processing schedule.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kemlo Rogerson [mailto:Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk]
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 10:16 AM
To: Kaliko, Bonnie {Nonc~Nutley}; Weems, Joyce; Mike Pence; Cheri
Miller; Smith Wanda; Anna K. Schultz; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] curious about soaking paraffin blocks.

"Kemlo, you obviously do not work with animal tissue which is VERY dry.
It has nothing to do with poor fixation or over dehydration. Liver,
bone, spleen, muscle is impossible to cut unless it is placed face down
on ice.  If you ever try cutting animal tissue and manage to get a good
section without soaking it, then you should apply for a patent
application."

I ran a Veterinary Histology Laboratory from a number of years and cut
sections from little birdies to big bad apes; never had the problem you
allude to. Must be the way we process in the UK; or is it the water <g>.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311
Mob 07749 754194; Pager 07659 597107;

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. --Oprah Winfrey
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation