[Histonet] Fast red washing off

godsgalnow <@t> aol.com godsgalnow <@t> aol.com
Thu Oct 25 06:56:13 CDT 2007

Bruce,

We never run the fast red through alcohol or xylene.? After the slides are finished we rinse them in water and allow them to air dry....(if you are in a big hurry, you can put them in the slide drying oven to speed this up a bit).? To coverslip them, dip in slide?slidebrite and mount with permount.? This should fix the problem.

Roxanne Soto HT(ASCP)QIHC
Lab Manager
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce W Brodersen <bbroders <@t> unlnotes.unl.edu>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 1:53 pm
Subject: [Histonet] Fast red washing off

Anyone have trouble with fast red substrate washing off slides during slide
dehydration for coverslipping?  Even though the label claims on two
different Fast Reds we have say they can go through alcohols to xylene we
see there is loss of the substrate.

Thanks.

Bruce W. Brodersen, DVM, PhD
University of Nebraska Veterinary Diagnostic Center
Fair St. & E. Campus Loop
Lincoln, NE  68583-0907

voice (402) 472-1434