[Histonet] plasma cell staining with Ventana Ultraview kit

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Mon Oct 22 15:01:15 CDT 2007

Extra-follicular dendritic cells in lymph nodes will stain with some cytokeratin antibodies.  I use this staining as an internal positive control.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "Prestridge, Linda S." <LSPrestridge <@t> seton.org> 10/22/07 3:30 PM >>>
While doing CKAE1/AE3's on the XT Benchmark, we are having plasma cell
staining and histiocytes staining - especially on our sentinel nodes
cases which I now must do on our Dako stainer.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem.  Evidently the Ultraview
detection kit stains plasma cells (confirmed by a Ventana rep.) Does any
one have a protocol that stops this staining?

Linda