[Histonet] fixative recommendation

Jacqui Detmar detmar <@t> mshri.on.ca
Sat Oct 20 12:32:58 CDT 2007

Hi all.  I am posting this question on behalf of a colleague.  She would like to start archiving human placenta tissue and was wondering what would be an ideal fixative.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, she asked me for my opinion on a product called "HOPE" fixative, which is produced by Polysciences, but I have not used this fixative.  I was hoping someone out there in histoland has experience with this fixative and would give me his/her opinion.

Lastly, if anybody has any helpful suggestions or advice to give re: setting up archives of tissue, please pass this on.  Fore-warned is fore-armed, eh? <grin>

Thanks in advance,

Jacqui Detmar, Post-doctoral Fellow
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, room 876
Mount Sinai Hospital
600 University Avenue,
Toronto, ON, Canada
M5G 1X5