[Histonet] Mats for the histology lab

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Fri Oct 19 09:11:06 CDT 2007

Lab Safety Supply has a great selection of mats for every purpose.  We used carpet mats but they would not clean up well.  We switched to soft rubber mats that can be pressure-washed for certain areas.  We eliminated the mats in the cutting area and use scrapers to clean the floor, as well as require everyone to wear non-skid shoes.
                        Janet Bonner, Florida Hospital Orlando

________________________________

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Lisa Brenner
Sent: Thu 10/18/2007 2:20 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Mats for the histology lab

Hello,

We recently moved into our brand new lab space. We are trying to keep the floors nice which is no easy feat in a histology lab as you all know. My question is what do all you out there recommend for mats for floors by the cutting and embedding stations? We are hoping to find something that protects the floor, is easy to roll your chair on, and doesn't produce static. Any feed back is appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

Lisa Brenner HTL (ASCP)
Histology Technical Consultant
Holland Hospital
phone: (616)394-3184
lisab <@t> hollandhospital.org

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information, or Protected Health Information as such term is defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of the original message, including attachments.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this
message and deleting the material from any computer.