[Histonet] Career Day in Denver!

Linda Jenkins jlinda <@t> ces.clemson.edu
Thu Oct 18 10:30:32 CDT 2007

We need a few more volunteers for Career Day at the NSH
Symposium/Convention.  Career Day is in its second year of being and
we are planning for another huge success.  Basically, we have a
hundred or so high school students who will be attending either a
morning or afternoon 3 hour, hands-on workshop entitled, "What in the
World is Histotechnology".  As they travel through the histology
galaxy, the students will explore embedding, sectioning, staining,
coverslipping, and photography through the microscope.  They will
also need tour guides to lead them on a scavenger hunt though the
exhibit hall.  On Monday, October 29, the morning session is from
8:30 - 11:30am and the afternoon session is from 12:00 - 3:00pm.  The
classrooms will be located in a separate part of the exhibit
hall.  If you have a free morning or afternoon on Monday and would
like to have a really rewarding experience plus obtain one of our
special aprons, send Stacey an email at
<stacey.langenberg <@t> comcast.net>.  Mandatory attendance is required at
the set-up on Sunday morning at 10:30am - 1:00pm.

We had a blast last year in Phoenix.  Come join us and see what fun
it is to teach your profession to a teenager interested in the field
of medicine!

Hope to see you in Denver!

Stacey Langenberg - Local Career Day Coordinator
Linda Jenkins - Career Day Coordinator

Linda Jenkins, HT
Clemson University
Department of Bioengineering