[Histonet] proventricular dilatation images?

I-sanna Gibbons trinimaican2501 <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 14:21:39 CDT 2007

Cheryl
Yes it does!  Thanks.  Will check the website
I-sanna

----- Original Message ----
From: Cheryl Cross <ccross6032 <@t> aol.com>
To: I-sanna Gibbons <trinimaican2501 <@t> yahoo.com>
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 3:27:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] proventricular dilatation images?

Hi I-sanna -

I don't have any images readily available - there is a nice little review with some histopathology here, however:

http://www.vet.uga.edu/vpp/ivcvm/1998/gregory/index.php

What I can tell you is that in many cases  can be a very very subtle disease - often there are just a few lymphocytes around the nerve ganglia - very very subtle. if you look at just a normal proventriculus histology book - an animal with really remarkable with have a thinned, stretched out proventriculus, but the histology can look very similar. It's easier to diagnose grossly (in my experience anyway), because the amount of inflammation histopathologically doesn't always match up with the degree of dilatation (ie animals with a marked dilation can have minimal inflammation).

make sense?

CC

Cheryl Cross, DVM, Dipl. ACVP
Researcher
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Tennessee Department of Pathology
2407 River Drive, Room A201
Knoxville, TN 37996-4542
(423) 967-2724
fax: 865-974-5616