[Histonet] Teratogens

Diana McCaig dmccaig <@t> ckha.on.ca
Fri Oct 12 10:24:33 CDT 2007

Hi

I was wondering if anyone specifically labels these chemicals in your
lab to alert any techs of child producing age.

Also, how do you establish this criteria, some could be in the
concentrated form or powder state, but do they still qualify in a dilute
state?

Is this determined strictly by the MSDS and based on the word teratogen
or do you also consider terminology as mutagen, reproductive effector as
well?

If protective equipment and proper ventilation is available, are
pregnant staff exempt for doing any activity or stain that uses these
solutions for the full term of their pregnancy and "I want to become
pregnant" stages?

And finally, can another provide a list of the chemicals they class as
teratogens.
thanks
Diana McCaig