[Histonet] Iron Staining of Bone Marrows

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Thu Oct 11 09:04:56 CDT 2007

Well said! We gave up and did them by hand. They always work well and its so
easy to do by hand

Cheri Miller HT ASCP
Histology Supervisor
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc.
Omaha, NE 68117
402 738 5052

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee intended / indicated or agent responsible for
delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that you are in
possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Cheryl R.
Kerry
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:27 AM
To: 'Histonet'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Iron Staining of Bone Marrows

Hey Schaundra-

Have you talked with Ventana tech support?  They've probably dealt with
similar issues from other clients and would know right off the bat how to
help if there is help to be had.  If there isn't there always the
old-fashioned alternative to fix this for your Path...

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but sometimes automation cannot
duplicate what we can produce by hand.  If you try what they suggest and
he's not getting what he needs to adequately diagnose the patient--he needs
to serve the patient's best interest (an accurate diagnosis).  You may need
to pull these off the machine.

Running them by hand isn't all that hard OR time-consuming if your reagents
are at hand, and you do end up with a better product.

My two cents having been in your shoes in the past...

Cheryl

Cheryl R. Kerry, HT(ASCP)
Full Staff Inc.
Staffing the AP Lab, one great tech at a time.
281.852.9457 office
281.883.7704 cell
800.756.3309 fax and alternate phone