[Histonet] H&E Staining

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Wed Oct 10 13:28:10 CDT 2007

Also, the more water that  is in the dehydrating alcohols, the faster the
slides will differentiate.  You may be washing out the eosin.  The optimal
pH is 4.6 to 5.

Jennifer MacDonald
Director, Histotechnician Training Program
Mt. San Antonio College
1100 N. Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91789
(909) 594-5611 ext. 4884
jmacdonald <@t> mtsac.edu

Geoff McAuliffe <mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
10/10/2007 08:23 AM

Kemlo Rogerson <Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk>
cc
William Ares <wia2005 <@t> med.cornell.edu>, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject
Re: [Histonet] H&E Staining

Put a few drops of glacial acetic acid in the eosin. Without
acidification, the stain will not 'adhere' to tissue components.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.