[Histonet] Space for Sectioning

Thomas Jasper tjasper <@t> copc.net
Thu Oct 4 11:08:34 CDT 2007

Hi Marcia,

Don't know exactly where you're at in the Northland (I suspect
Minnesota) and I don't have any hard data for you (so why am I writing
this)?  Well, about 10 years ago, in Duluth, we carried out a little
project before a major renovation.  We sent people out to other
hospitals with a video camera.  Permission granted ahead of time, of
course.  We got some film footage from Minneapolis, Milwaukee and Green
Bay.  Once we had all the tape we sat down and looked it over closely
and identified what we liked and didn't like.  This helped us a great
deal in deciding what kind of changes would work best for us.
Renovations in particular are tough as most often you don't have a clean
slate and there are bound to be limits on what can and cannot be done.
Like I said, no hard data, but maybe an idea or too worth implementing
or avoiding.  If you are in Minnesota I'd be willing to bet that the
fine folks where I used to work in Duluth would be helpful to you.  Let
me know and I can put you in touch with them.
Good Luck,
Tom Jasper

Thomas Jasper HT(ASCP)BAS
Histology Supervisor
Central Oregon Regional Pathology Services
Bend, Oregon 97701
tjasper <@t> copc.net
541/693-2677 ext. 4050