[Histonet] Americlear problem?

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Thu Oct 4 08:54:22 CDT 2007

For those of you who use Americlear....

Last Friday we changed out our tissue processor.  On Monday, the tissue did not cut well at all.  The tissue had not cleared at all.  I check the reagent containers and to the best that I could determine, all appropriate reagents were in the proper containers.  The only thing I noticed was that the Americlear just didn't seem right.  Seemed to be a littler watery.  All of the same lot # was used on the processor on Friday.  I changed it out on Monday with a different lot # and all is fine again.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?  I can't find an actual website for Stephen's Scientific to check for notices.  Thanks

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems
(740) 348-4163