[Histonet] OSUMC Clinical Histology Manager position available.

Cook, Sharon Sharon.Cook <@t> osumc.edu
Fri Nov 30 13:15:11 CST 2007

The Department of Pathology at The Ohio State University Medical Center is
seeking a lab professional for a full time Histology Manager position. This
individual will be responsible for the management of Histology and will
direct and monitor all personnel, technical and quality assurance activities,
and maintain lab adherence to all regulatory (CLIA, CAP, OSHA) standards, as
well as monitor and prepare budget, select personnel and develop and maintain
monthly productivity benchmarking.

The laboratory is a state-of-the-art facility offering a full range of
clinical laboratory services. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a
comprehensive employee benefit package featuring health insurance, paid leave
program, life insurance, short term and long term disability.

The Ohio State University Medical Center System is composed of a 923-bed
tertiary care hospital, a 160-bed NCI designated comprehensive cancer center,
and a 150-bed community hospital with a pathology residency training program,
dermatopathology fellowship program (beginning July 2008), Pathologist
Assistant Masters program, and clinical histology training site for several
online Histology programs.  Last year, approximately 65,000 surgical cases
were processed with approximately 11,000 HC stains.   The laboratory staff
consists of 12 HTs, 4 Lab Assistants, 2 Students, and Quality / Technical
Training Manager.

The Ohio State University Medical Center is located in Columbus, OH  home of
the Big Ten Ohio State University and located within 2 ½ hours of Cincinnati,
Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

We require ASCP certification for HT or HTL with a minimum of five years
experience in Histology plus strong leadership skills.

If you're interested in joining our team, please contact me at the addresss
below.

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon S. Cook, MT(ASCP) SBB