[Histonet] how long does it take?

louise renton louise.renton <@t> gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 04:15:20 CST 2007

Dear Histonetters,

First off, let me say what a great experience the NSH symposium was! It was
great to finally meet y'all. Made me realise that I am not the only one
suffering!
So here's my question rearding IHC.......
What is a reasonable work-up time for a new antibody? The parameters are:
1. Ab researh only, not used in the particular species of animal I am using
2. Ab titre needs to be assessed
3. not sure what a good control might be
4.Will be using archival tissue where fixation/processing may be
questionable
5. using a manual ABC/DAB technique
6. All buffers etc made up in-house
Any ideas??