[Histonet] IgA, IgM, IgG

MaryAnn Dixon DixonM <@t> vetmed.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:16:08 CST 2007

I am working up anti dog IgA, IgG and IgM antibodies and was wondering what the better control tissues would be for these.  I have been using tonsil for all three but would love some input on any that work better.  Also, what is everyone using for pretreatment?  I'm teetering between prot. K and no treatment at all. The dilutions of these antibodies are getting higher too.  My IgG was out to 1:6000. Do these antibodies generally have some accepted background with them?  I thought I was told that they do and you cant get it out.  Can anyone please share some dilutions and pretreatments for these 3 antibodies.  Don't care if they are for anti-human, just would like a starting point. I am using HRP mach 4 detection from biocare.

MaryAnn Dixon
Biological Scientist
Anatomic Pathology
University of Florida