[Histonet] IHC for MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1 and TIMP2?

AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com AGrobe2555 <@t> aol.com
Mon Nov 19 17:04:33 CST 2007

Hello all,
I have a panel of tissues (Large and small intestine, liver, spleen,  kidney,
heart, esophagus, lung) as well as normal artery and vein tissue (all  are
from sheep) that we are using to test/optimize IHC for MMP2, MMP9,  TIMP1 and
TIMP2.  We have stained for MMP9 so far, and see  some staining in cells (appear
to be macrophages) located in the  small and large intestine, and in the
adventitial/ablumenal tissue of the  vein.  We will be doing the other stains in
the days to come.

My difficulty is that I am in unknown territory with these  antibodies.  Has
anyone of you stained for these before?  What should  I be looking for as a
positive signal in these tissues?  Can anyone point  me to some reference
images?  In the interim, I will continue to look for  information as the product
sheets are not really providing information as  to appropriate + control tissues.

Thank you,
Albert

Albert C.  Grobe, PhD
International Heart Institute of Montana Foundation
Tissue  Engineering Lab, Saint Patrick  Hospital