[Histonet] ki-67, 53, and p27

godsgalnow <@t> aol.com godsgalnow <@t> aol.com
Thu Nov 15 06:49:32 CST 2007

I need some diplomatic advice......

We are doing Ki-67, p53, and p27, which are all nuclear stains.? Here is the problem......my pathologists is telling me that they should all look alike.? I asked him why and he said because they are nuclear stains.? He put the Ki-67 on the scope and told me that is what I should be shooting for in all nuclear stains.? I use breast cancer for a positive control on all 3 of these antibodies.? ANd he is telling me to titer the p27 and p53 out further because there is some faint staining on the normal epithelium in the ductal lobes.? I asked him if it was possible that they should be there and he thinks not.

HELP!

Roxanne