[Histonet] Special Stainers

Janice Mahoney jmahoney <@t> alegent.org
Wed Nov 14 17:36:08 CST 2007

I have had problems with pneumocystis staining consistency.  We have
tried all the recommended things, like bringing the Ag to room temp,
assuring the instrument is balanced, routine decontamination, to no
avail.  Any suggestions are appreciated.
Does anyone know of an easy , cheap, reliable AG kit for pneumo?
Thanks for the help.
Jan
Omaha, NE

 "Rebecca Johnson" <raj <@t> bluemarble.net> 11/14/2007 5:22 PM >>>
I need to know what everyone is using for Special Stainers?  I now have
Ventana special stainer. Have had the same machine for several years
with maintance(cleaning)  done on it daily, monthly and PM.  Just not
real happy with the service and inconsistent staining with the silver
stains.  Thanks for all your info.
Becky